Improve your Project's community presence by taking sometime to read up on community action and engagement! Click on the blue hyperlinks to access these resources. Some resources are available for download at the bottom of this page.
Want to present Project Baseline to a group but need a starting point? View and download our annotated Project Baseline PowerPoint presentation by clicking here.
- Organizing for Social Change
- An in-depth look at how to start a ground swell of awareness and community action in support of your favorite aquatic area and Project Baseline team. Transfer the tools applied to social change to environmental awareness and action.
- Organize to Win - A Grassroots Activist's Handbook. A Guide to Help People Organize Community Campaigns.
- Don't have time to read Organizing for Social Change? Nor do we! View a condensed version by downloading the Organize to Win PDF at the bottom of this page. Dedicate 45 minutes of time to this Handbook, and you'll have a firm understanding of how to organize your Project in a way that engages and inspires your community to participate in Project Baseline.
- Shifting Baselines
- Proof that Project Baseline.org addresses a real-world phenomenon. Learn more about marine biologists, environmental activists and scientists who apply this concept to global fisheries.
- Conservation Psychology: Understanding and Promoting Human Care for Nature
- Explore the relatively new discipline of Conservation Psychology, which is the "scientific study of the reciprocal relationships between humans and the rest of nature, with a particular focus on how to encourage conservation of the natural world." Ever sit around wishing you could know more about Generational Environmental Amnesia since we talk about it all the time at Project Baseline? Learn all about it by reading this book.
- Daniel Pauly's TED Talk: The Ocean's Shifting Baseline
- Watch and learn as biologist Daniel Pauly, widely credited for coining the term "shifting baseline" in the mid-1990's, discusses this environmental phenomenon within our ocean's fisheries.
- The Natural Histories Project
- Listen to Peter Kahn, Professor of Psychology, discuss environmental generational amnesia.
- Freshwaters in the Public Eye (Monroe et al)
- A must read for any Project located in a freshwater environment. Download this PDF by scrolling to the bottom of this webpage. "Ultimately, if the freshwater community is to place increased emphasis on effective public education and outreach (see Angermeier 2007), images and visual communication have a crucial role to play." - Excerpt from Freshwaters in the Public Eye