By Klaus Kirsten
Spectral services in arithmetic and Physics offers an in depth review of those advances. the writer develops and applies equipment for examining determinants coming up whilst the exterior stipulations originate from the Casimir impression, dielectric media, scalar backgrounds, and magnetic backgrounds. The zeta functionality underlies all of those recommendations, and the ebook starts off through deriving its simple houses and relatives to the spectral capabilities. the writer then makes use of these relatives to enhance and observe equipment for calculating warmth kernel coefficients, sensible determinants, and Casimir energies. He additionally explores purposes within the non-relativistic context, particularly employing the recommendations to the Bose-Einstein condensation of an excellent Bose gas.
Self-contained and obviously written, Spectral features in arithmetic and Physics deals a special chance to procure invaluable new ideas, use them in a number of functions, and be encouraged to make extra advances.
Read Online or Download Spectral Functions in Mathematics and Physics PDF
Best functional analysis books
This monograph offers a radical, complete research of the slim topology on random likelihood measures on Polish areas. As a distinct characteristic, the writer makes no extra assumptions at the likelihood area within the historical past, akin to completeness or a countable generated algebra. one of many major effects provided is an instantaneous evidence of the random analog of the Prohorov theorem, that's bought with out invoking an embedding of the Polish area right into a compact house.
This e-book provides holomorphic operator services of a unmarried variable and functions, that are all for the kinfolk among neighborhood and worldwide theories. it truly is in keeping with tools and technics of advanced research of numerous variables.
Almost immediately no different ebook offers with the steadiness challenge of useful equations in Banach algebras, internal product areas and amenable teams. additionally, in so much balance theorems for practical equations, the completeness of the objective area of the unknown capabilities inside the equation is believed.
The booklet offers an advent to the geometry of Hilbert areas and operator idea, focusing on graduate and senior undergraduate scholars of arithmetic. significant issues mentioned within the publication are internal product areas, linear operators, spectral idea and distinctive periods of operators, and Banach areas.
- Recent Advances in Operator Theory and Operator Algebras
- Evolution PDEs with Nonstandard Growth Conditions: Existence, Uniqueness, Localization, Blow-up (Atlantis Studies in Differential Equations)
- Upper and Lower Bounds for Stochastic Processes: Modern Methods and Classical Problems (Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete. 3. Folge / A Series of Modern Surveys in Mathematics)
- Existence and Regularity Properties of the Integrated Density of States of Random Schrödinger Operators (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Fourier Analysis: An Introduction (Princeton Lectures in Analysis)
- Condenser Capacities and Symmetrization in Geometric Function Theory
Extra info for Spectral Functions in Mathematics and Physics