By Georgina Koubel
With a special specialize in safeguarding either adults and youngsters, this significant textual content considers the pro duties not only of social staff, yet of practitioners throughout more than a few overall healthiness, Police, schooling and voluntary prone who will usually be considering the method of shielding the extra susceptible individuals of society. together with in-depth research of the appropriate learn literature, in addition to respectable facts from severe Case reports, the e-book will increase readers' wisdom and figuring out of the expert talents required to perform safeguarding successfully, in addition to of the necessity for companies and pros to speak and paintings collaboratively to be able to in attaining the very best outcomes.
Using specific studying targets and reflective inquiries to motivate readers to imagine severely approximately their very own assumptions in perform, the ebook offers insurance of subject matters such as:
• the importance of the psychological ability Act 2005 in safeguarding adults
• The complexities of safeguarding little ones in circumstances of parental substance misuse
• The impression of social media and digitisation on safeguarding practice
• The tensions curious about safeguarding perform inside varied cultures
• The demanding situations of interprofessional safeguarding with regards to family abuse
Written by way of a crew of professional authors, this extraordinary quantity is a complete sourcebook for college students and practitioners alike.
Read or Download Safeguarding Adults and Children: Dilemmas and Complex Practice PDF
Best children's studies books
Human trafficking constitutes some of the most critical human rights violations of our time. despite the fact that, many social paintings practitioners nonetheless have a terrible and incomplete realizing of the stories of kids and teens who've been trafficked. In Trafficked youth, the authors demand a extra subtle, proficient and higher constructed figuring out of the variety of concerns dealing with trafficked children.
There are thousands of teenagers experiencing parental imprisonment around the world. This ebook is set their difficulties, human rights and the way they're handled through the justice procedure from the arrest of a father or mother to imprisonment and release.
Der vorliegende Band beschäftigt sich zum einen mit der Reduktion des Essens auf eine naturwissenschaftliche Perspektive und moralisches Gebot und hebt zum anderen die kulturelle und soziale Bedeutung hervor. Seit der Entstehung der Ernährungswissenschaft Mitte des 19. Jahrhunderts haben wir uns daran gewöhnt, von Vitaminen, Proteinen und Kohlehydraten zu sprechen.
During this ground-breaking ebook, Jenny Slater makes use of the lens of ’the moderate’ to discover how normative understandings of sweet sixteen, dis/ability and the intersecting identities of gender and sexuality impression upon the lives of younger dis/abled humans. even though formative years and incapacity have individually been inspiration inside socio-cultural frameworks, not often have sociological reports of ’youth’ and ’disability’ been introduced jointly.
- Suffer the Children: How We Can Help Improve the Lives of the World’s Impoverished Children
- Youthscapes: The Popular, the National, the Global: The Populart, the National, the Global
- Children and Armed Conflict: Cross-disciplinary Investigations (Studies in Childhood and Youth)
- Creating Child Friendly Cities: New Perspectives and Prospects
Extra resources for Safeguarding Adults and Children: Dilemmas and Complex Practice