By Tom Ryder
- Master the complex configuration recommendations of Nagios center to version your community larger by way of enhancing hosts, providers, and contacts
- Filter and enhance the notifications that Nagios center sends in keeping with failed assessments, that could enormously help you whilst diagnosing problems
- Pull Nagios Core's information right into a database to put in writing smart customized studies of your individual devise
Nagios middle is an open resource tracking framework appropriate for any community that guarantees either inner and customer-facing companies are operating thoroughly and manages notification and reporting habit to diagnose and attach outages briskly. It permits very superb configuration of precisely while, the place, what, and the way to examine community companies to fulfill either the uptime objectives of your community and platforms staff and the desires of your users.
This ebook exhibits procedure and community directors the right way to use Nagios center to its fullest as a tracking framework for exams on any form of community prone, from the smallest domestic community to a lot greater creation multi-site prone. you'll find that Nagios middle is able to doing even more than pinging a number or to work out no matter if web pages respond.
The recipes during this publication will exhibit the best way to leverage Nagios Core's complicated configuration, scripting hooks, experiences, info retrieval, and extensibility to combine it together with your current structures, and to make it the rock-solid middle of your community tracking world.
What you are going to learn
- Manage the configuration of Nagios center with complicated suggestions to accomplish superb aspect on your checks
- Find, set up, or even write your individual cost plugins
- Filter notifications to ship them to the correct humans or courses on the correct time
- Work round tricky community accessibility matters and delegate tests to different machines
- Tweak a Nagios middle server to accomplish either excessive functionality and redundancy in case of disaster
- Process the result of exams played by means of different machines to observe backups and related processes
- Extend Nagios center to permit complicated scripting, reporting, and community visualization behavior
About the Author
Tom Ryder is a structures administrator and previous net developer from New Zealand. He makes use of Nagios center as a part of his "day task" as a structures administrator, tracking the community for a neighborhood net merchant. Tom works greatly with Unix-like structures, being a selected fan of GNU/Linux, and writes approximately utilization of open resource, command-line improvement instruments on his weblog, Arabesque, at http://blog.sanctum.geek.nz.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Hosts, providers, and Contacts
- Working with instructions and Plugins
- Working with assessments and States
- Configuring Notifications
- Monitoring Methods
- Enabling distant Execution
- Using the internet Interface
- Managing community Layout
- Managing Configuration
- Security and Performance
- Automating and lengthening Nagios Core
Read or Download Nagios Core Administration Cookbook - Second Edition PDF
Similar general books
The 4th FTRA overseas convention on desktop technology and its purposes (CSA-12) can be held in Jeju, Korea on November 22~25, 2012. CSA-12 could be the such a lot entire convention keen on some of the elements of advances in machine technological know-how and its applications. CSA-12 will provide a chance for tutorial and pros to debate the newest matters and development within the zone of CSA.
In DetailAs an open resource embedded single-board computing device with many ordinary interfaces, Beagleboard is perfect for development embedded audio/video structures to gain your functional rules. The problem is how you can layout and enforce an exceptional electronic processing set of rules on Beagleboard fast and simply with out in depth low-level coding.
Starting with an advent to cryptography, protection: layout, Threats, and Safeguards explains the underlying mathematical rules had to layout complicated cryptographic algorithms. It then offers effective cryptographic set of rules implementation tools, besides cutting-edge learn and methods for the layout of very huge scale built-in (VLSI) circuits and symmetric cryptosystems, entire with examples of complex Encryption typical (AES) ciphers, uneven ciphers, and elliptic curve cryptography (ECC).
This booklet constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the nineteenth International Conference on titanic facts Analytics and information Discovery, DaWaK 2017, held in Lyon, France, in August 2017. The 24 revised complete papers and eleven brief papers offered have been rigorously reviewed and selected from ninety seven submissions. The papers are equipped within the following topical sections: new new release info warehouses layout; cloud and NoSQL databases; complicated programming paradigms; non-functional standards delight; computing device studying; social media and twitter research; sentiment research and consumer impression; wisdom discovery; and info circulate administration and optimization.
- Fachwörterbuch Elektronische Medien und Dienste/Dictionary of Electronic Media and Services: Deutsch/Englisch - Englisch/Deutsch. German/English - English/German (German Edition)
- In Search of the Next Memory: Inside the Circuitry from the Oldest to the Emerging Non-Volatile Memories
- Practical Information Security Management: A Complete Guide to Planning and Implementation
- Entwicklung und Evaluierung eines SDN-gestützten echtzeitfähigen Gerätenetzwerkes (BestMasters) (German Edition)
- Robotics: 12th Latin American Robotics Symposium and Third Brazilian Symposium on Robotics, LARS 2015/SBR 2015, Uberlândia, Brazil, October 28 - November ... in Computer and Information Science)
Extra info for Nagios Core Administration Cookbook - Second Edition