By Norma Mendoza-Denton
- An engrossing account of the Norte and Sur woman gangs - the biggest Latino gangs in California
- Traces how parts of speech, physically practices, and symbolic exchanges are used to sign social association and are available jointly to shape adolescence gang styles
- Explores the connection among language and the physique: probably the most amazing facets of the tattoos, makeup, and garments of the group members
- Unlike different reports – which specialize in violence, struggling with and medication – Mendoza-Denton delves into the commonly-overlooked cultural and linguistic facets of adlescent gangs
Read Online or Download Homegirls: Language and Cultural Practice Among Latina Youth Gangs (New Directions in Ethnography) PDF
Best children's studies books
Human trafficking constitutes the most critical human rights violations of our time. in spite of the fact that, many social paintings practitioners nonetheless have a terrible and incomplete realizing of the stories of youngsters and teenagers who've been trafficked. In Trafficked youth, the authors demand a extra refined, proficient and higher built knowing of the variety of concerns dealing with trafficked adolescents.
There are literally thousands of little ones experiencing parental imprisonment around the world. This e-book is set their difficulties, human rights and the way they're handled through the justice strategy from the arrest of a guardian to imprisonment and release.
Der vorliegende Band beschäftigt sich zum einen mit der Reduktion des Essens auf eine naturwissenschaftliche Perspektive und moralisches Gebot und hebt zum anderen die kulturelle und soziale Bedeutung hervor. Seit der Entstehung der Ernährungswissenschaft Mitte des 19. Jahrhunderts haben wir uns daran gewöhnt, von Vitaminen, Proteinen und Kohlehydraten zu sprechen.
During this ground-breaking publication, Jenny Slater makes use of the lens of ’the moderate’ to discover how normative understandings of teen, dis/ability and the intersecting identities of gender and sexuality impression upon the lives of younger dis/abled humans. even supposing adolescence and incapacity have individually been suggestion inside socio-cultural frameworks, infrequently have sociological experiences of ’youth’ and ’disability’ been introduced jointly.
- Zeit für Kinder: Theorie und Praxis von Kinderfeindlichkeit, Kinderfreundlichkeit und Kinderschutz (German Edition)
- When Children Became People: The Birth of Childhood in Early Christianity
- The Quantum Children: A Parent's Guide for the 21st Century
- Childhood and Migration in Europe: Portraits of Mobility, Identity and Belonging in Contemporary Ireland (Studies in Migration and Diaspora)
- Researching Families and Relationships: Reflections on Process (Palgrave Macmillan Studies in Family and Intimate Life)
Extra resources for Homegirls: Language and Cultural Practice Among Latina Youth Gangs (New Directions in Ethnography)