By Sharna Olfman,Brent Robbins
This e-book exposes the skyrocketing fee of antipsychotic drug prescriptions for kids, identifies grave risks while kid's psychological future health care is pushed through marketplace forces, describes potent healing take care of young children often prescribed antipsychotics, and explains the best way to navigate a drug-fueled psychological healthiness system.
• A bankruptcy on powerful parenting coauthored by means of a number one parenting professional, Laura Berk
• Contributions through famous clinical journalist Robert Whitaker, writer of Anatomy of an Epidemic
• info on felony concerns by means of Harvard-educated attorney Jim Gottstein
• Insights from former pharmaceutical insider, Gwen Olsen
• An exam of group techniques to kid's psychological healthiness care by way of across the world identified psychologist Stuart Shanker
Read or Download Drugging Our Children: How Profiteers Are Pushing Antipsychotics on Our Youngest, and What We Can Do to Stop It: How Profiteers Are Pushing Antipsychotics ... We Can Do to Stop It (Childhood in America) PDF
Best children's studies books
Human trafficking constitutes probably the most critical human rights violations of our time. despite the fact that, many social paintings practitioners nonetheless have a negative and incomplete knowing of the studies of kids and teens who've been trafficked. In Trafficked kids, the authors demand a extra subtle, proficient and higher constructed knowing of the variety of matters dealing with trafficked teenagers.
There are literally thousands of little ones experiencing parental imprisonment world wide. This e-book is ready their difficulties, human rights and the way they're handled during the justice procedure from the arrest of a father or mother to imprisonment and release.
Der vorliegende Band beschäftigt sich zum einen mit der Reduktion des Essens auf eine naturwissenschaftliche Perspektive und moralisches Gebot und hebt zum anderen die kulturelle und soziale Bedeutung hervor. Seit der Entstehung der Ernährungswissenschaft Mitte des 19. Jahrhunderts haben wir uns daran gewöhnt, von Vitaminen, Proteinen und Kohlehydraten zu sprechen.
During this ground-breaking ebook, Jenny Slater makes use of the lens of ’the average’ to discover how normative understandings of youngster, dis/ability and the intersecting identities of gender and sexuality influence upon the lives of younger dis/abled humans. even if adolescence and incapacity have individually been notion inside of socio-cultural frameworks, infrequently have sociological experiences of ’youth’ and ’disability’ been introduced jointly.
- Comprehensive Community Initiatives for Positive Youth Development
- Kidnapped Souls: National Indifference and the Battle for Children in the Bohemian Lands, 1900–1948: National Indifference and the Battle for Children in the Bohemian Lands, 1900-1948
- Youth Participation and Community Change
- A European Youth Revolt: European Perspectives on Youth Protest and Social Movements in the 1980s (Palgrave Studies in the History of Social Movements)
- Stolen Childhood, Second Edition: Slave Youth in Nineteenth-Century America (Blacks in the Diaspora)
Additional info for Drugging Our Children: How Profiteers Are Pushing Antipsychotics on Our Youngest, and What We Can Do to Stop It: How Profiteers Are Pushing Antipsychotics ... We Can Do to Stop It (Childhood in America)