By Loring M. Danforth,Riki Van Boeschoten
Marshalling archival files, oral histories, and ethnographic fieldwork, the authors research the evacuation approach, the political clash surrounding it, the children’s upbringing, and their fates as adults bring to a halt from their mom and dad and their fatherland. additionally they provide voice to seven refugee youngsters who poignantly recount their adolescence reviews and heroic efforts to build new lives in diaspora groups during the global. A much-needed corrective to past ancient bills, Children of the Greek Civil War can also be a looking exam of the long-lasting results of displacement at the lives of refugee children.
Read or Download Children of the Greek Civil War: Refugees and the Politics of Memory PDF
Best children's studies books
Human trafficking constitutes essentially the most critical human rights violations of our time. even though, many social paintings practitioners nonetheless have a bad and incomplete figuring out of the studies of kids and children who've been trafficked. In Trafficked children, the authors demand a extra refined, educated and higher built figuring out of the variety of concerns dealing with trafficked youth.
There are thousands of young ones experiencing parental imprisonment around the world. This booklet is ready their difficulties, human rights and the way they're taken care of during the justice method from the arrest of a dad or mum to imprisonment and release.
Der vorliegende Band beschäftigt sich zum einen mit der Reduktion des Essens auf eine naturwissenschaftliche Perspektive und moralisches Gebot und hebt zum anderen die kulturelle und soziale Bedeutung hervor. Seit der Entstehung der Ernährungswissenschaft Mitte des 19. Jahrhunderts haben wir uns daran gewöhnt, von Vitaminen, Proteinen und Kohlehydraten zu sprechen.
During this ground-breaking ebook, Jenny Slater makes use of the lens of ’the average’ to discover how normative understandings of teenage, dis/ability and the intersecting identities of gender and sexuality effect upon the lives of younger dis/abled humans. even if early life and incapacity have individually been notion inside of socio-cultural frameworks, hardly have sociological experiences of ’youth’ and ’disability’ been introduced jointly.
- Adolescents and their Music: If It's Too Loud, You're Too Old: Volume 1 (Routledge Library Editions: Popular Music)
- Aboriginal Children, History and Health: Beyond Social Determinants
- La jeunesse n'est plus ce qu'elle était (Le sens social) (French Edition)
- Longing and Belonging: Parents, Children, and Consumer Culture
- Le handicap mental chez l'enfant : une synthèse neuve pour comprendre, agir, décider (La vie de l'enfant) (French Edition)
- Development and Learning of Young Children with Disabilities: A Vygotskian Perspective (International Perspectives on Early Childhood Education and Development)
Extra info for Children of the Greek Civil War: Refugees and the Politics of Memory