By Michael Wyness
Childhood and Society 2e explores those questions and key sociological debates to supply a radical creation to the sociology of early life. the second one version takes account of leading edge study and exhibits how modern practices are impacting on early life in ultra-modern international. specifically, the book:
• provides transparent information on how young children were, and stay, theorized
• exhibits how know-how shapes kid's play, communique and cultures
• Discusses foreign case experiences that ponder early life in an international age
• Assesses the moral and methodological concerns in getting to know kid's lives
• features a new bankruptcy on baby labour, reflecting at the dating among paintings and schooling
With clean insights into study, concept and coverage, this article takes a really worldwide view on arguable concerns within the box, from poverty and kid's rights to the media and consumerism. it truly is an vital textual content for college kids of sociology, adolescence reviews, schooling and social policy.
Read Online or Download Childhood and Society PDF
Best children's studies books
Human trafficking constitutes some of the most critical human rights violations of our time. even if, many social paintings practitioners nonetheless have a bad and incomplete realizing of the studies of youngsters and children who've been trafficked. In Trafficked teenagers, the authors demand a extra refined, trained and higher constructed realizing of the diversity of concerns dealing with trafficked adolescents.
There are thousands of young children experiencing parental imprisonment world wide. This ebook is ready their difficulties, human rights and the way they're taken care of during the justice procedure from the arrest of a dad or mum to imprisonment and release.
Der vorliegende Band beschäftigt sich zum einen mit der Reduktion des Essens auf eine naturwissenschaftliche Perspektive und moralisches Gebot und hebt zum anderen die kulturelle und soziale Bedeutung hervor. Seit der Entstehung der Ernährungswissenschaft Mitte des 19. Jahrhunderts haben wir uns daran gewöhnt, von Vitaminen, Proteinen und Kohlehydraten zu sprechen.
During this ground-breaking booklet, Jenny Slater makes use of the lens of ’the moderate’ to discover how normative understandings of teenybopper, dis/ability and the intersecting identities of gender and sexuality impression upon the lives of younger dis/abled humans. even though formative years and incapacity have individually been concept inside socio-cultural frameworks, hardly have sociological reports of ’youth’ and ’disability’ been introduced jointly.
- Children of Incarcerated Parents: Theoretical Developmental and Clinical Issues
- Organisierter Kinderschutz in Deutschland: Strukturdynamiken und Modernisierungsparadoxien (German Edition)
- International Cinema and the Girl: Local Issues, Transnational Contexts (Global Cinema)
- Rethinking School Violence: Theory, Gender, Context
Additional resources for Childhood and Society